Saturday, September 29, 2012

My First Friend!

Day 16: September 29, 2012
Wow! Awesome day! I slept in until 8:00, had some breakfast then went for a run. I had dutch pancakes for lunch with appelstroop (a dark brown, sweet, apple spread) -yum! We then all went to the neighbour's house for a birthday party, their son and twin children were all born on the same day so it was a big birthday party for all three kids.

Around 3:00 I took the train to utrecht to meet up with my first friend yet- Nanna Farrup. I found her online on a website called Expat Netherlands. She made a post on there looking for friendship- she's an au pair from Denmark. We hit it off right away! We walked around and stopped for drinks. Walked around some more then found a nice little diner for dinner (american style). We had some more drinks and just relaxed- it was refreshing to finally meet someone to relate with and have a fun girl's night with. I bussed back home no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment