Saturday, September 22, 2012

Gouda

Day 9: September 22, 2012
Just last Saturday I was arriving in my new home and ciry- I feel like I"m settling in well. Today at 10:00 Bart brought me to the metro station in Rotterdam and taught me how to use the transit system- a little overwhelming at first. I rode the train to Gouda (How-da) and walked around for hours. It was a very cute city, but would have been more fun to explore if I had a travelling partner.
I took the train back to Rotterdam Central, and since I was there decided to check out the city center. They also had a very impressive city hall:
I returned home at 3:30pm, Corry asked me if I wanted to go for a run- I said sure, I could probably only handle running 5km as I had been walking for four hours. I didn't realize that she had invited me to an actual organized race in Capelle! I thought it was just us doing a run with some neighbours for fun. There were not too many runners as this was the first time they were holding this particular race. It was SO hard- I tried desperately to keep up with all of the runners, scared of getting lost and off route. Corry finished in 43 minutes- what an amazing woman! I finished in exactly 55.

We had steak sandwiches for supper (with spicey dutch mustard), then Corry and Bart went to a birthday dinner while I babysat. I watched Die Hard 4.0 and talked to Ma on skype.

Tonight Curtis's friend Baitley is getting married, and Curtis is a groomsman. I wish I could be there to see him in his tux! He sent me a message to say he was thinking of me the whole time. December cannot come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment