Saturday, September 15, 2012

And the Adventure Begins!

Day 2: September 15, 2012
I arrived in Amsterdam at 7:00am. Corry (host mom) and the children were supposed to pick me up at the airport, but they were all sick the night before. Bart (host dad) picked me up and we drove to Capelle aan den IJssel- about an hour drive. I saw lots of cute little farms and windmills along the way- felt very surreal!
The family had a big breakfast ready for me when I arrived at the house. It was hard to eat anything as it was actually 3:00am in the morning Eastern Standard Time. We walked to the super market and visited a children's festival that was taking place in the neighbourhood compound. I napped for a little bit. I enjoyed a nice pasta dinner with Corry and Bart and went to bed at 10:00pm. Here's a pic of my new home:

No comments:

Post a Comment