Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dainty Fainty

Day 6: September 19, 2012
Bad Day. I woke up at 7:00am, walked downstairs to help wash the kids and I fainted- hitting the side of my head on the sink. So embarassing! Plus it scared the kids. I regained consciousness with Corry over me holding a cloth to my forehead- I got a goose egg above my eye from sitting the sink. Corry told me to go back to bed and rest. I pretty much slept all day- I must have been more exhausted then I realized.
I was talking to an American au pair who had a similar experience her first week here, she didn't actually faint, but she felt dizzy and had to sit down. I did some research and found out being jet lagged is not linked to the length of the flight, but to the trans-meridian (west–east) distance travelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment