Sunday, September 16, 2012

Jet Lagged

Day 3: September 16, 2012
 
Feeling much better today and not too jet lagged. This morning the family took me to the North Sea! We had to take two vehicles because the cars here are so tiny and only hold five people. We walked along the Scheveningen Strand in Den Haag- it was amazing. They had beds all along the beach that you can rent for the day. I can't wait to come back here next summer when it is warm.
For lunch we ate at a restaurant along the beach, which they call 'a bar'. I ordered a 'tosti' which is Holland's version of a grilled cheese sandwich, but much more gourmet.
We then went to Madurodam- an interactive miniature park of Holland- very cute!
After that I went for a walk in my neighbourhood compound to become familliar with the area. I brought along my camera and took a lot of pictures- everything is just so surreal. Everything is just slightly different from Canada- the biggest difference is the lack of property people have. Even my own dutch house does not have a yard. I was uncertain what the rules of the road were here, so I walked along the bike path hoping that was allowed- I later found out it was.
Back at the house Corry made a delicious chicken dinner and apple pie for dessert. Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment